Cambridge Healthtech Institute is pleased to present ADAPT 2009, Accelerating Development & Advancing Personalized Therapy. This event features eight meetings with in-depth coverage of Clinical Trials, Personalized Medicine, Cancer Therapy, and Biomarker Development. This event was developed as the primary platform where these currently disparate groups can come together, advance therapeutics, as well as tackle the challenges of the inevitable next chapter, personalized medicine. From Global pharmaceutical companies to small biotechs, universities, hospitals, and individuals the need to ADAPT is imperative to survive and thrive in today’s...tomorrow’s marketplace.
Who Should Attend: Researchers and Executives working in the following areas should plan on attending
* Personalized Medicine
* Circulating Tumor Cells
* Adaptive Clinical Trial Designs
* Clinical Biomarkers
* Targeted Therapy
* Translational Cancer Medicine
* Biomarker Data Analysis
* Protein Biomarkers
* Molecular Diagnostics
* Assay Development
* Clinical Trials
* Safety Assessment
* Biomarker Research & Development
* Fit-For-Purpose Biomarker Assay Development and Validation
* Novel Cancer Biomarkers
* Biomarker Qualification and Validation
* Circulating Tumor Cells:Commercial Advances
* Edward Abrahams, Ph.D., Executive Director, Personalized Medicine Coalition
* John L. Allinson, FIBMS, Vice President, Biomarker Laboratory Services, ICON Development Solutions
* Michael D. Amos, Ph.D., Biosciences Advisor, Director’s Office, Chemical Science and Technology Laboratory,National Institute of Standards & Technology Measurement; Ex-Officio Member, Secretary’s Advisory Committee on Genetics Health and Society (SACGHS), Department of Health and Human Services
* Alex L. Bangs, Ph.D., Chief Technology Officer & Co-Founder, Entelos, Inc.
* J. Carl Barrett, Ph.D., Vice President and Global Head, Oncology Biomarkers and Imaging, Oncology Translational Medicine, Novartis Institutes of BioMedical Sciences, Inc.
* Robert L. Becker, Jr., M.D., Ph.D., Chief Medical Officer, Office of In Vitro Diagnostic Device Evaluation and Safety, Center for Devices and Radiological Health, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
* Farideh Bischoff, Ph.D., Director, Translational Research and Development, Biocept, Inc.
* Josip Blonder, M.D., Senior Research Scientist, Laboratory of Proteomics and Analytical Technologies, SAIC-Frederick/NCI Frederick
* Christoph H. Borchers, Ph.D., Director, Biochemistry & Microbiology, University of Victoria Genome BC Proteomics Center
* Marcia Brackman, CCDM, Data Scientist, Data Management, Eli Lilly and Co.
* Walter Carney, Ph.D., Head, Oncogene Science, Diagnostics, Siemens Healthcare Dx
* Jeffrey J. Chalmers, Ph.D., Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering; Director, University Cell Analysis and Sorting Core, The Ohio State University
* Mark Chance, Ph.D., Professor and Director, Center for Mass Spectrometry & Proteomics, Case Western Reserve University
* Jake Y. Chen, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Informatics and Computer Science, Indiana University School of Informatics; Founding Director, Indiana Center for Systems Biology and Personalized Medicine
* Wen-Tien Chen, Ph.D., Chief Scientific Officer, Vitatex, Inc.
* Jie J. Cheng, Ph.D., Drug Development Sciences, GlaxoSmithKline
* Nadine Cohen, Ph.D., Head, Pharmacogenomics, Pharmaceutical Research & Development, Johnson & Johnson
* Jeffrey Cossman, M.D., Chief Scientific Officer, The Critical Path Institute
* Juan Cui, Ph.D., Computational Systems Biology Lab, Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology,University of Georgia
* Asif Dhar, M.D., M.B.A., Senior Fellow, Deloitte Center for Health Solutions; Senior Manager, Deloitte Consulting LLP
* Frank L. Douglas, Ph.D., M.D., Senior Fellow, Kauffman Foundation; and Senior Partner, PureTech Venture
* Nicholas C. Dracopoli, Ph.D., Vice President, Biomarkers, Centocor Research & Development, Johnson & Johnson
* Vladimir Dragalin, Ph.D., Assistant Vice President and Research Fellow; Head, Statistical Research and Applications, Wyeth Research
* Keith Elliston, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer, Genstruct, Inc.
* Dean W. Felsher, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor, Division of Oncology, Departments of Medicine and Pathology, Stanford University
* Fernanda Festa, Ph.D., Senior Post-Doc, Center for Personalized Diagnostics, Biodesign Institute, Arizona State University
* Giora Feuerstein, M.D., Assistant Vice President and Head, Discovery Translational Medicine, Wyeth Research
* Stephen H. Friend, M.D., Ph.D., President, Sage Bionetworks
* Felix W. Frueh, Ph.D., Vice President, Research & Development, Personalized Medicine, Medco Health Solutions, Inc.
* Paul Gallo, Ph.D., Biometrical Fellow; Director, Biostatistics, Novartis Pharmaceuticals
* Harold Garner, Ph.D., Scientific Advisor, Xanapath LLC; Professor, Internal Medicine and Biochemistry, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center
* Robert H. Getzenberg, Ph.D., The Donald S. Coffey Professor; Director, Urology Research, Brady Urological Institute, Oncology and Pharmacology and Molecular Sciences, Johns Hopkins University
* Kye Gilder, Ph.D., Lead Biostatistician, Biostatistics, Biogen Idec
* John A. Gilly, Ph.D., Deputy Director, Biopharmaceutical Development Program, SAIC-Frederick/NCI-Frederic
* Federico Goodsaid, Ph.D., Associate Director for Operations in Genomics, Office of Clinical Pharmacology, Office of Translational Science, CDER, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
* Michael M. Graham, M.D., Ph.D., Professor, Radiology; Director, Nuclear Medicine, Department of Radiology, University of Iowa
* Beverly C. Handy, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Clinical Chemistry, Department of Laboratory Medicine, The University of Texas, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
* Ronald C. Hendrickson, Ph.D., Head, Proteomics, Molecular Profiling, Merck Research Labs
* Joerg Heyer, Ph.D., Director, Genetic Models, Translational Research, AVEO Pharmaceuticals
* Dave S.B. Hoon, Ph.D., Department of Molecular Oncology, John Wayne Cancer Institute, Saint John’s Health Center
* Sunil Kadam, Ph.D., Research Advisor, Translational Medicine, Eli Lilly and Co.
* Francis Kalush, Ph.D., Network Leader, Diagnostics, Office of the Center Director, Center for Devices and Radiological Health, U.S. Food and Drug Administratio
* Amin Kassis, Ph.D., Director, Radiobiology and Experimental Radionuclide Therapy, Harvard Medical School
* Shirin Khambata-Ford, Ph.D., Director, Oncology Biomarkers, Oncology, Bristol-Myers Squibb Co.
* Anastasia M. Khoury Christianson, Ph.D., Senior Director and Global Discipline Leader, Biomedical Informatics, AstraZeneca R&D
* Walter H. Koch, Ph.D., Vice President and Head, Research, Roche Molecular Systems, Inc.
* Sandra L. Close Kirkwood, Ph.D., Research Advisor, Research Technology, Eli Lilly and Co.
* Jill M. Kolesar, Pharm.D., Director, Analytical Instrumentation Laboratory for Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics, and Pharmacogenetics, UWCCC; Associate Professor of Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin
* Eugene Kolker, Ph.D., Chief Data Officer, Seattle Children’s Hospital; Head, Bioinformatics & High-Throughput Analysis Laboratory,Seattle Children’s Research Institute
* Katarina Kolostova, Ph.D., Department of Tumor Biology, Third Faculty of Medicine, Charles University; TATAA Molecular Diagnostics, Bioinova
* Michael Krams, M.D., Assistant Vice President, Clinical Development, Adaptive Trials, Wyeth Research
* Peter Kuhn, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute
* Theresa LaVallee, Ph.D., Director, Translational Sciences Oncology, MedImmune
* David Lee, M.D., Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
* David Lee, MPA, Deputy Director, The Biomarkers Consortium, Foundation for National Institutes of Health
* Jae K. Lee, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Virginia School of Medicine
* Michael N. Liebman, Ph.D., President, Managing Director, Strategic Medicine, Inc.
* Kenneth Liu, Ph.D., Senior Biometrician, Merck & Co.
* Philip S. Low, Ph.D., Ralph C. Corley Distinguished Professor, Department of Chemistry, Purdue University
* Gary K. Mallow, Ph.D., Director, Merck Global Services: MRL IT
* Ruth E. March, Ph.D., Lead, Personalized Healthcare Team, AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals
* Carol J. McCall, FSA, MAAA, Vice President, Research and Development, Humana, Inc.
* Robert McCormack, Ph.D., Vice President, Scientific and Medical Affairs, Veridex, LLC
* Evelyn M. Mckeegan, Ph.D., Group Leader, Cancer Biomarkers, Abbott Laboratories
* Gordon B. Mills, Ph.D., Chair & Professor of Systems Biology, University of Texas, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
* Suresh Mohla, Ph.D., Associate Director and Chief, Tumor Biology and Metastasis Research; Program Director, Tumor Microenvironment Network, Division of Cancer Biology, NCI
* Søren Møller, Ph.D., Vice President, Research and Development, Exiqon A/S
* Emmanuel Monnet, Ph.D., Head, Biomarkers and Pharmacogenomics, Neurology & Autoimmune Diseases, Stratified Medicine – Exploratory Medicine, Medical Sciences and Innovation, Merck Serono
* David C. Muddiman, Ph.D., Director, W.M. Keck FT-ICR Mass Spectrometry Laboratory; Professor of Chemistry, North Carolina State University
* Stephen Naylor, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer and Chairman, Predictive Physiology & Medicine, Inc.
* Raymond Ng, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Computer Science, The University of British Columbia
* Daniel Normolle, Ph.D., Director, UPCI Biostatistics Facility, University of Pittsburgh Medical Cente
* Shannon R. Payne, Ph.D., Senior Scientist, Molecular Biology & Diagnostics, Epigenomics, Inc.
* Edith A. Perez, M.D., Professor, Medicine; Director, Breast Cancer Program, Mayo Clinic
* Emanuel F. Petricoin, Ph.D., Co-Director, Center for Applied Proteomics & Molecular Medicine, George Mason University, College of Arts & Sciences
* Kathryn A. Phillips, Ph.D., Professor, Health Economics & Health Services Research, School of Pharmacy, Institute for Health Policy Studies and UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco
* Jose C. Pinheiro, Ph.D., Senior Biometrical Fellow & Biostatistician, Biostatistics, Novartis Pharmaceuticals
* Bruce Quinn, M.D., Ph.D., Senior Health Policy Specialist, Foley Hoag; Former California Medical Director, NHIC
* Mark J. Ratain, M.D., Leon O. Jacobson Professor of Medicine; Chairman, Committee on Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacogenomics; Associate Director, Clinical Sciences, Cancer Research Center, The University of Chicago
* Karin Rodland, Ph.D., Science Lead, Biological Sciences, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL)
* Henry Rodriguez, Ph.D., M.B.A., Director, Clinical Proteomic Technologies for Cancer, Center for Strategic Scientific Initiatives, Office of the Director, National Cancer Institute
* Allen D. Roses, M.D., Jefferson-Pilot Professor of Neurobiology and Neurology; Director, Deane Drug Discovery Institute; Senior Scholar, Fuqua School of Business; Member, Duke Institute for Genome Sciences & Policy, Duke University School of Medicine
* William L. Schary, Ph.D., RAC, Senior Vice President, Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance, Trius Therapeutics, Inc.
* Oliver John Semmes, Ph.D., Professor of Microbiology & Molecular Cell Biology, Eastern Virginia Medical School
* Jeffrey R. Shuster, Ph.D., Director, Diagnostic Development, Metabolon, Inc.
* Yu Shyr, Ph.D., Ingram Professor of Cancer Research; Chief & Director, Cancer Biostatistics Center, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
* J. Will Thompson, Ph.D., Proteomics Core Facility, Institute for Genome Sciences & Policy, Duke University Medical Center
* Douglas C. Throckmorton, M.D., Deputy Director, CDER, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
* Paul Ts’o, Ph.D., Founder, Managing Director, CCC Diagnostics, LLC
* Miro Venturi, Ph.D., Senior Biomarker & Experimental Medicine Leader, Roche Pharma Development, Roche Diagnostics GmbH
* William Wachsman, M.D., Ph.D. Associate Professor, Medicine, Hematology-Oncology, University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine
* J. Kyle Wathen, Ph.D., Research Statistician, University of Texas, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
* Jon M. Wigginton, M.D., Group Medical Director, Discovery Medicine -Oncology, Bristol-Myers Squibb Co.
* Kwok-Kin Wong, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor, Lowe Center for Thoracic Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School
* Lin Wu, Ph.D., Director, Genomics and Oncology, Roche Molecular Systems, Inc.
* Baolin Zhang, Ph.D., Principal Investigator & Quality Reviewer, Division of Therapeutic Proteins, Office of Biotechnology Products, CDER, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
* Vladimir Zharov, Ph.D., D.Sc., Professor, Director, Laser Research, Phillips Classic Laser and Nanomedicine Laboratories, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
* Jun Zhu, Ph.D., Associate Scientific, Director, Genetics, Rosetta Inpharmatics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Merck and Co., Inc.
About Cambridge Healthtech Institute - www.healthtech.com
Cambridge Healthtech Institute (CHI) is the preeminent life science network for leading researchers and business experts from top pharmaceutical, biotech and academic organizations. CHI’s portfolio of products includes Cambridge Healthtech Institute Conferences, Insight Pharma Reports, Cambridge Marketing Consultants, Barnett Educational Services, Cambridge Meeting Planners and Cambridge Healthtech’s Media Group, which includes numerous e-newsletters as well as Bio-IT World magazine.
Founded in 1992, Cambridge Healthtech Institute strives to develop quality information sources that provide valuable new insights and competing points of view while offering balanced coverage of the latest developments. Basic research related to commercial implications is covered, with heavy emphasis placed on end-user insights into new products and technology as well as coverage on the strategy behind the business.
For more information please visit: www.ADAPTCongress.com