Charlotte, North Carolina, USA, January 10, 2011 / b3c newswire / - Biotage® (STO: BIOT), a leading supplier of tools and technology for analytical and medicinal chemistry, introduced a new series of application notes utilizing the industry-standard RapidTrace® SPE Workstation. These methods are now available at www.biotage.com. New applications include extractions from plasma, urine and whole blood, typically assayed in clinical and forensic protocols. Additionally, a new soil analysis method for dioxins and furans joins the presently available EPH protocols from Biotage.
“By offering SPE methods ready for use on the RapidTrace, labs are better able to quickly achieve consistent solid phase extraction results that meet industry needs for low to high throughput applications” says Anna-Karin Wihlborg, Biotage Product Manager. “These new methods further strengthen our portfolio of support illustrate that Biotage is committed to providing the tools our customers need to achieve greater results.”
The RapidTrace Workstation is the gold standard for efficient and reliable solid phase extraction from low to high throughput applications. Up to 10 RapidTrace Modules can be controlled simultaneously by one computer allowing for a scalable solution.
RapidTrace users can receive free software updates with the new methods pre-loaded by contacting a Biotage Representative. The RapidTrace utilizes effortless point-and-click software allowing for simple execution of pre-loaded methods as well as easy custom method set-up and editing.
Newly Released Methods for RapidTrace:
- Extraction of Vitamin D from Plasma Using ISOLUTE - This method allows extraction of the main active Vitamin D metabolites; 25-hydroxy-vitamin D and 1α, 25-dihydroxy-vitamin D. Deficiency can result in various disorders including osteoporosis, liver and kidney problems to increased risk of various cancers and multiple sclerosis, making this compound extremely clinically relevant.
- Extraction of the Cocaine Metabolite, Benzoylecgonine from Urine using ISOLUTE HCX - Due to short half life of cocaine, the screening for the presence of cocaine in urine is majorly accomplished via the major metabolite of cocaine; Benzoylecgonine. It allows a profile of use to be constructed and can be used to determine how long ago from the time of testing the cocaine was administered.
- Extraction of Tricyclic Antidepressants from Whole Blood Using ISOLUTE HCX Columns - Except for the use of Tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) to treat depressive disorders, TCA’s have been found to have significant efficacy in the treatment of sleep disorders, ADHD, IBS and pain management.
- Extraction of Basic Drugs of Abuse from Biological Fluids using ISOLUTE HCX - The typical range of drugs screened using this generic method are Cocaine, D3 -Cocaine , Benzoylecgonine-TMS, D3-Benzoylegonine-TMS, Amphetamine, D5-Amphetamine, Methamphetamine, Codeine, Morphine, Amitriptyline HCL, Nortriptyline HCL, Imipramine HCL, Desipramine HCL. These drugs represent a panel of the most significantly abused drugs as recommended by The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).
- Extraction of Cyclosporine from Whole Blood Using ISOLUTE Columns - Cyclosporine is an immunosuppressant used in organ transplants to overcome rejection. Subsequent to an organ transplant, patients are tested at regular intervals for the presence of very low levels of the compound.
- Extraction of Environmental Contaminants Including Dioxins and Furans from Soil and Sediment Samples Using ISOLUTE NH2 – Dioxins and furans are a family of toxic chemicals. The levels of these chemicals in air, water and soil are constantly monitored through screening according to EPA guidelines, typical detection limits for these compounds in soil and sediments are 0.1 -1.0 parts per billion.
- Extraction of the Opiates, Morphine and Codeine from urine using ISOLUTE HCX - Morphine and codeine are two of the opiates analyzed in drugs of abuse testing, they are both on the SAMHSA (Substance Abuse Mental Health Service Administration) lists as drugs to be tested for workplace drug testing.
For more information regarding the application methods and the complete line of Biotage products for sample preparation, visit www.biotage.com.
About Biotage - www.biotage.com
Biotage offers solutions, knowledge and experience in the areas of analytical and medicinal chemistry. The customers include the world’s top pharma and biotech companies, as well as leading academic institutes. The company is headquartered in Uppsala, Sweden, and has offices in the United States, United Kingdom and Japan. Biotage has 245 employees and had sales of SEK 394,1m in 2009. Biotage is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Nordic Stock Exchange.
For further press information at Biotage please contact:
Director of Marketing Communications
10430 Harris Oaks Blvd., Suite C
Charlotte, NC USA 28269
Tel: +1 704 654 4847
Fax: +1 704 654 4917