FRANKLIN LAKES, N.J., January 24, 2023 / B3C newswire / -- BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), a leading global medical technology company, is pleased to be a Premium Partner at Pharmapack 2023 – the European hub for the pharmaceutical packaging and drug delivery device industry – which will take place on February 1-2, 2023 at Paris Expo, Porte de Versailles, in Paris, France.
BD will participate in several educational sessions during the conference sharing insights that build on decades of expertise in partnering with the biopharmaceutical industry to advance drug delivery excellence.
At the event, BD will host two in-person learning labs:
- “Injection time and usability considerations for self-injection systems, a BD perspective” on February 1 from 15:50 –16:20 presented by Lionel Maritan, Associate Director Program Management.
- “Introduction to Human Factors Engineering”on February 2 from 10:10 –10:40 presented by Alice Maden, Associate Director Human Factors.
BD will also conduct a workshop on “Enabling digital health solutions with the connected BD UltraSafe Plus™ Passive Needle Guard” on February 1 at 14:20-14:50. This workshop includes information around a new connected version of the BD UltraSafe Plus™ Passive Needle Guard. Use cases about how this solution may fit into real-life clinical practices will be discussed. Speakers are Herve Monchoix, Strategic Innovation Leader at BD, Arnaud Guillet, VP Business Development & Commercial Operations at BioCorp and Antoine Millot, Business Developer at Biocorp.
BD is also sponsoring a panel discussion in a conference track on "Innovation of Novel Medicines and Greater Demand for Injectable Home and Self-Administration". On February 1 from 14:40 –15:30, this session will bring together industry experts to discuss the trends driving self-administration drug delivery systems and expected practices for developing an injectable combination product. The keynote introduction to this panel begins at 14:00 and will be presented by Adam Kalbermatten, VP Commercial Development Advanced Drug Delivery Systems from BD.
At the booth, BD will show our wide range of services and solutions to help meet your combination product commercialization needs. BD experts will be on site to discuss a variety of topics related to the next generation of drug delivery, including:
- A complete range of services across BD Pharmaceutical Services and Solutions and ZebraSci, a BD company, combination product services to help you achieve your combination product development goals.
- A broad portfolio of solutions addressing drug delivery needs across various care settings.
- Prefillable syringe solutions such as: BD Neopak™ Glass Prefillable Syringe for biologic drug delivery and BD Effivax™ Glass Prefillable Syringe for vaccine delivery - our newest innovation for vaccines!
- Wearable and on-body injectors including BD Libertas™ Wearable Injector* and BD Evolve™ On-body Injector** supporting subcutaneous delivery of biologics, as well as a range of autoinjectors and pens.
- An Innovation Corner featuring early concept new product innovations.
BD and ZebraSci are proud to partner with pharmaceutical and biotech companies, anticipating their needs through significant investments in capacity expansion, and by working early in the development process to produce meaningful innovations that address and enable new therapies and drug delivery needs. Come talk to us about your needs for patient-centric injection solutions for high volume and high viscosity drugs, for connectivity, for industrial traceability integrating in Pharma 4.0™ – we are here to support you!
*2.5mL or 5-10mL
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care.
The company supports the heroes on the frontlines of health care by developing innovative technology, services and solutions that help advance both clinical therapy for patients and clinical process for health care providers. BD and its 70,000 employees have a passion and commitment to help enhance the safety and efficiency of clinicians' care delivery process, enable laboratory scientists to accurately detect disease and advance researchers' capabilities to develop the next generation of diagnostics and therapeutics. BD has a presence in virtually every country and partners with organizations around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues. By working in close collaboration with customers, BD can help enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care. For more information on BD, please visit bd.com or connect with us on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/bd1/ and Twitter @BDandCo.
Director, Public Relations
BD Investor Relations
*BD Evolve™ On-body Injector is a product in development; some statements are forwarding looking and are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties. BD Evolve™ On-body Injector is a device component intended for drug-device combination products and not subject to FDA 510(k) clearance.
Keywords: Drug Delivery Systems; Syringes; Injections; Vaccines; Biological Products; Hospitals; Wearable Electronic Devices; Biotechnology; Equipment Design; Pharmaceutical Preparations; North America, Germany
Published by B3C newswire